University of California, Riverside

Earth Sciences

Department of Earth Sciences


UCR graduate students have a variety of housing options. On-campus housing includes University apartments for graduate students and houses/duplexes for families. In addition there are a wide range of apartments in the private community surrounding the UCR campus. Many graduate students choose to share an apartment, for companionship as well as reduced living expenses. Although many students will have cars, it is possible to live off campus even without one. The city of Riverside has clean and efficient public transportation and the excellent year-round climate makes it idea for commuting by bicycle.

You can also check out the UCR Student Housing website for more information.

For more information on how to register and/or apply to become a graduate student in our department, please contact our Graduate Advisor or the Student Affairs Officer:

Gordon Love
Graduate Advisor
Professor of Biogeochemistry
Department of Earth Sciences
University of Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-3181 (Voice)
(951)-827-4324 (Fax)

John Herring
Student Affairs Officer
1140A Bachelor Hall
Department of Earth Sciences
University of Riverside, CA 92521
(951) 827-2441 (Voice) (951) 827-4324 (fax)

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

UCR LibrariesCampus Status
Career OpportunitiesDiversity
Visit UCRMaps and Directions

Earth Sciences Information

Department of Earth Sciences
Geology Building

Tel: (951) 827-3182
Fax: (951) 827-4324